Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore established in the year 2007 by the Maharaja Education Trust (R) – Mysore.
Library & Information Centre
The primary aim of the library is to support the curriculum needs of the student, teaching staff & supporting staff of the institution through the development of all kind of pertinent collections. The provision of services designed to meet the user information and learning need such as Book Bank Service, Lending Service, Reference Service, Digital Library Service, Multimedia and Periodical service. Library follows the open access system, encouraging the user to browse resources freely in the knowledge centre.
The vision is to provide comprehensive resources and services to the researcher, teacher and students meet their information needs to enrich their treasure of knowledge by providing the access round the clock-round the world.
Our mission is to establish a globally networked library that
- acquires, organizes and preserves the resources
- disseminates knowledge and information to the intellect community
- incorporates strong library ethics and
- effectively applies innovative tools and techniques for its continuous management and improvisation
Library uses Easylib-Integrated Automation Software, which is supports the in-house operations of the library such as acquisition, cataloguing, circulation, serials control and OPAC. Database is updated day by day with newly acquired books books.
Barcode implemented Circulation system
Smart circulation system has been implemented successfully by implementing the Bar-code technology for all the resources and user barrower cards.
- Issuing a set of books from Book Bank Service to all the students to keep themselves for a semester
- General reading room – where students can bring their own personal books to study.
- All working days – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Circulation hour – 8.45 AM to 3:50 PM
RULES AND REGULATIONS 2016-17
- All personal belongings including personal text books, library borrowed books, printed materials and other note books will not be allowed inside the stack hall. These may be allowed inside the general reading room only.
- Wearing of coats, jackets, sweaters, caps, hats are not allowed inside the stack hall. The Library staff reserve the right to inspect any person who appears suspicious.
- Students without ID card & uniform will not be allowed.
- The readers shall maintain silence within the library premises. Conversations, gossip, use of mobile phones are not to be allowed. No reader is allowed to sleep in the premises. Users who violate these rules are liable for suspension from library privileges and may face disciplinary action.
- Readers are requested not to write or mark or otherwise disfigure or damage books, computers, furniture, etc. In case of doing any damage, the person responsible will be punished as per rules and will be required to replace the article damaged or pay its replacement cost as per library rules.
- The Library staff has the right to request a user to leave the premise if the user violates the rules.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the Library.
- Borrowers are to produce their ID cards when borrowing resource materials.
- ID cards are not transferable. The use of the card is restricted to the user to whom the card is issued.
- Members must satisfy themselves about the physical conditions of the library material being issued. They shall be held responsible for any damage/mutilation noticed at the time of return.
ISSUE OF NO DUE CERTIFICATE
Library No-Due certificate will be issued to the students and staff members after the return of borrowed library resource materials
Course completed students have to produce their ID-card at the time of getting No-Due from the library.
Students who are discontinuing/ leaving the college have to surrender their ID-Card to get the No-Due from the library and those who lost the ID card, required to produce the FIR copy of the police complaint about the loss of ID card.
Staff members have to surrender their ID-Card to get the No-Due from the library or else they have to produce the FIR copy of the police complaint about the loss of ID card.
LOSS OF BOOKS AND ID/SMART CARDS
Loss of Book:
Where an item is lost or damaged, the borrower will be charged for the item as follows.
- The member has to procure a new library edition copy of the same with processing fee of Rs.50/- per book and overdue fines if any.
- A sum of three times the estimated cost of an item will be charged for an out-of-print item.
Loss of ID / Smart Card:
In case of loss of ID card the member must report immediately to the library and after following a certain procedure duplicate ID card will be issued.
- Duplicate ID card : students are required to write a request letter for issuing Duplicate Identity Card along with declaration and a fee of Rs.500/- to obtain the duplicate ID card compulsorily
- Validity Extension ID card: students are required to write a request letter for issuing Validity Extension ID card along with the expired ID card and a fee of Rs.100/- to obtain the new valid ID card.